Glasgow Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre 2009 (gig)
|Venue||Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre|
|Date||9th November 2009|
|Support||The Big Pink|
|Start (UTC)||19:30, 18:30 (doors)|
|Dublin O2 Depot 2009||←||Glasgow Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre 2009||→||Birmingham National Indoor Arena 2009|
This concert will be part of the European leg of "The Resistance" tour, announced on the 1st of June with general ticket sale starting on the 5th thereof, at 09:00. Fan pre-sale information and links were given on the 3rd and pre-sale sold out on the given day - the 4th[source?].
On playing songs from "The Resistance" live, Dominic Howard stated that learning to do so "should take a while!" and Rehearsals started on the 19th of July. On the 22nd, musewire readers were told to "expect an 8" stone 'enge" for The Resistance tour's stage design.
The band thanked the crowd numerous times during the show, as well as Dom thanking The Big Pink.
This gig was due to be the debut live performance of MK ULTRA but the band decided at the last minute not to play it.
After Map Of The Problematique, Matt said "It's getting hot" and removed his jacket to which the crowd cheered.
After Feeling Good a kilted bagpiper came on stage and began playing. This morphed into the Helsinki Jam. The bagpiper was raised up on Chris' podium during the jam. This was released as part of the 2009 Christmas Present. Two crypic clues were given to lead fans to this (a jar of apricot jam and a picture of glasgow science centre entitled "what" and "where" respectively").
Bellamy let the crowd sing the second chorus of Plug In Baby as well as the first pre-chorus and part of the chorus in Time Is Running Out.
The balloons were released during Plug In Baby.
After Knights of Cydonia, Howard said to the fans, "Cheers Scotland, see you's next Summer!" Possibly a hint towards T In The Park 2010.
An audience recording is located here.
- We Are the Universe (intro music)
- New Born + Headup riff
- Map of the Problematique + Who Knows Who riff
- Supermassive Black Hole
- Guiding Light
- Interlude + Hysteria
- United States of Eurasia
- Feeling Good
- Helsinki Jam (+ Bagpipes)
- Undisclosed Desires
- Plug In Baby
- Burning Bridges riff + Time Is Running Out
- Unnatural Selection
- Exogenesis: Symphony Part I (Overture)
- Stockholm Syndrome + War Within a Breath riff + riff
- Man With a Harmonica intro + Knights of Cydonia
- THE RESISTANCE TOUR (2009-06-01). Muse website. Retrieved 2009-06-01 from muse.mu.
- (2009-06-02). [Ticket sale information, "MUSE COMING SOON"]. Gigsandtours. Retrieved 2009-06-02 from www.seetickets.com[dead link].
- Biffy Clyro and The Big Pink to support Muse! (2009-09-15). Muse website. Retrieved 2009-09-15 from muse.mu.
- MUSE tickets. Buy tickets for MUSE at S.E.C.C., Glasgow (2009-06-0?). Seetickets. Retrieved 2009-06-07 from www.seetickets.com.
- THE RESISTANCE TOUR (2009-06-03). Muse E-mail. Retrieved 2009-06-03. [verify]
- Dominic Howard. (2009-06-11). Finished.. Possibly... MySpace. Retrieved 2009-06-11 from blogs.myspace.com.
- Christopher Wolstenholme. (2009-07-19). First day of rehearsals an .... musewire/Twitter. Retrieved 2009-07-22 from twitter.com.
- Muse. (2009-07-22). http://twitpic.com/b84il w .... musewire/Twitter. Retrieved 2009-07-22 from twitter.com.