Vancouver Pacific Coliseum 2010 (gig)
|Date||1st April 2010|
|Pengrowth Saddledome||←||Pacific Coliseum||→||KeyArena|
Announced on the 14th of December, Muse performed inside the Pacific Coliseum in April 2010, marking their first performance in Vancouver in six years. Ticket pre-sale spanned from 13:00 on the 14th until 18:00 on the 17th through Concertmaps, 10:00 on the 17th through Live Nation and 10:00 on the 18th through 99.3 The Fox, Georgia Straight and Twitter while general sale will started on the 19th.
Local radio station 99.3 The Fox held a contest through their website where listeners had to type in the name of the Muse song that had just played on the radio. The grand prize included tickets to see Muse in Las Vegas, five backstage passes for two and a chance to meet the band. Prior to the performance, Matthew Bellamy and Dominic Howard were interviewed by 99.3 The Fox, talking about being pranked on April Fool's Day, the Capilano suspension bridge, and coming back to Vancouver. The interview can be found on The Fox website.
At the start of the gig, there was a longer than expected delay after Silversun Pickups played their set, during which the crowd became restless and started to do the Wave. [watch]
During United States of Eurasia, Bellamy hummed the final Phrygian riff while playing.
The balloons were released during Plug In Baby.
After Knights of Cydonia, Dom threw his drumsticks into the crowd and Chris threw his plectrum, while Matt stood around continuing to play the song until both had left the stage.
|After New Born||Bellamy||"Hello Vancouver! It's been too long, you guys are looking good!"|
|After Map of the Problematique||Bellamy||"Vancouver! It's been way too long! Last time we played here was 2004. Sorry it took so long, promise it won't be that long next time!"|
|After Knights of Cydonia||Bellamy||"Thank you Vancouver! We love you guys, see you soon, take care!"|
|Howard||"Thank you Vancouver! We love you guys, it's been too long it's good to see you! We'll see you again soon, I'm sure, cheers!"|
- We Are the Universe (intro music)
- New Born + YYZ riff + Headup riff + Micro Cuts riff [watch]
- Map of the Problematique + Maggie's Farm riff
- Supermassive Black Hole
- Interlude + People of the Sun intro + Hysteria + Testify intro + Back in Black riff [watch]
- United States of Eurasia [watch]
- Take a Bow intro + Feeling Good
- Helsinki Jam
- Undisclosed Desires
- Unnatural Selection
- Il Mercenario (L'Arena) + Time Is Running Out + Jimmy Jam + Voodoo Child (Slight Return) [watch]
- Plug In Baby [watch]
- Exogenesis: Symphony Part I (Overture)
- Stockholm Syndrome + Township Rebellion riff + riff + riff [watch]
- Man With a Harmonica intro + Knights of Cydonia
- 14 More Shows Announced for the US & Canada! (2009-12-14). Muse website. Retrieved 2009-12-14 from muse.mu.
- (2009-12-15). [Pre-sale concert list]. Concertmaps. Retrieved 2009-12-15 from tix.concertmaps.com.
- Muse Wiki gigs info - Muse Wiki (http://www.musewiki.org/Vancouver_Commodore_Ballroom_2004_%28gig%29)
- (2009-12-14). [Concert information page]. Muse website. Retrieved 2009-12-15 from muse.mu.