Status Chris Wolstenholme Signature Bass 5-string
|Status Chris Wolstenholme's Signature Bass 5-string|
|Used||Green-LED: 2012-10-16- |
Stealth White-LED: 2019-05-26-
|Bridge||Mono-rail bridge units|
|Electronics||Master volume and pickup blend controls|
|Pickup(s)||2 Status hum-cancelling pickups|
|Special circuits||Treble and bass active E.Q. plus bright switch, control orientation reversed, midrange boost circuit.|
- 5-string Model
- The bridge pickups has been moved away from the bridge by 20mm to make the right-hand technique a little more flexible.
- The neck pickup has also been moved towards the fingerboard by 10mm which makes the tone a little warmer.
- Volume / pickup balance and bass / treble controls have been reversed when compared to a standard Status bass. This has no effect on the way the controls operate, it's just a personal preference Chris has.
- A new midrange control has been fitted : this has individual controls for both mid frequency and mid cut / boost. This allows you to pin-point the exact midrange frequency then adjust exactly how much is to be boosted or cut. This midrange control can be pre-set and there is an on/off switch to by-pass it completely.
- Chris also specified front LEDs as a custom option. His main bass currently has blue LEDs (red, green, amber and white are also available)
- Black hardware is standard on Chris' basses (gold and chrome are also available)
- Individual mono-rail bridge units are fitted as standard.
The one with green LEDs was first used for the first gig of The 2nd Law arena tour in Montpellier. Since the 2015 Cologne gig he's also using a second 5-string bass set up for Assassin, that has blue LEDs, which replaced the 5-string Fender Jazz Bass. The blue LED version is in an Aqua Blue tint body colour, while the green LED version is fully black.
Songs used for
Drones Tour: Drop D + 5th string as guitar string (DADGA): Psycho UK Tour, Psycho US Tour, The Drones World Tour 2015/16, Drones Festivals Tour 2016, La Cigale by request show, Simulation Theory Promo Shows, Simulation Theory Tour
Songs used for
Drop D + 5th string as guitar string (DADGA): Simulation Theory Tour