The Unsustainable Tour
The Unsustainable Tour, also known as '2013 Summer Stadium Tour', was Muse's largest tour up to this day. It held the biggest production in the history of Muse yet. It included various elements, from a giant robot patrolling the stage to fire bursting out of the stage. The tour took place during Summer of 2013.
|The 2nd Law Tour||←||The Unsustainable Tour||→||Psycho UK Tour|
The stage for the stadium tour was completely different to that of the arena tour. There was no pyramid. Instead chimneys lined the back of the stadium, releasing fire at various points of the gig.
Chris began joining Matt shaking hands with fans during Undisclosed Desires.
The roulette from The 2nd Law Tour remained.
The setlist structure was similar to that of the arena tour, albeit longer and with a slow section played on the B-stage.
Blackout returned to setlists for the first time since 2007 and Unintended for the first time since 2010. Guiding Light also made a return.
- Supermassive Black Hole
- Panic Station
- Bliss / Map of the Problematique
- Resistance / Interlude + Hysteria
- Knights of Cydonia
- Montpellier Jam + Sunburn / United States of Eurasia
- Butterflies & Hurricanes / Dead Star
- Dracula Mountain + Feeling Good
- Follow Me
- Liquid State
- Time is Running Out
- Stockholm Syndrome / New Born
Encore 1 (b-stage)
- Guiding Light
- Undisclosed Desires
- Plug in Baby
- Isolated System
- Explorers was played instead of Sunburn / United States Of Eurasia on two occasions, both in Italy.
- Near the middle of the tour, Butterflies & Hurricanes / Dead Star were replaced with Map of the Problematique / Interlude + Hysteria, however Butterflies & Hurricanes and Dead Star both made one more appearance in this slot.
- During the second night at Paris the roulette was used twice. On the first run, the ball landed in the green slot, but unlike previous gigs, Matt did not ask the crowd what song to play. Instead, Dead Star was already printed on screen and Micro Cuts was seen alongside as alternate options. On the second run, the usual Stockholm Syndrome / New Born roulette was shown. This extra song being played in the main set resulted in Guiding Light being dropped later on.
- During the final gig of the tour in Helsinki, Bliss was on the setlist but wasn't played. However, after Stockholm Syndrome Muse spontaneously played Agitated and Yes Please. This was their first time being played since 2001/2000.