Shangri La Studios
Shangri La Studios, Malibu, California USA
Once owned by Bob Dylan and Eric Clapton to name a few, these studios were hired by Muse to develop material for their sixth album The 2nd Law.
The current owner is Beej Chaney, Eric Lynn is the house engineer and studio manager. In 2013, the house and studios were up for sale on the market for $3,195,000 USD. As of 2014, Shangri La is owned by American producer Rick Rubin.
Muse at Shangri La
Songs recorded by Muse here
- Animals (Only Keyboard)
- The 2nd Law: Unsustainable (Only Guitar)
- The 2nd Law: Isolated System (Only Piano)
- Thought Contagion
Shangri La Studio Gallery
Display gallery »
- Huffington Post. (2011-08-07). Huffington post report studio for sale. web. Retrieved 2012-02-25 from www.huffingtonpost.com.
- Sotherbys Homes. (2011-08-07). Studios listed for sale. web. Retrieved 2012-02-25 from http://www.sothebyshomes.com.
- The 2nd Law Sleeve Notes and 'The Making of The 2nd Law DVD'
- Interview: Muse on their new album, Drones (2015-06-10). Xfm. Retrieved 2015-06-10 from xfm.co.uk.